[clue-admin] Installfest.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 11:16:15 MDT 2006

On 9/4/06, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> Collins Richey wrote:
>
> The admin list tends not to have long posts or long discussions.  So my
> post is a little out of character for it.  Putting it on a blog keeps it
> out of the way of people who don't have time or interest to read
> something long.  Mostly I was kidding about a blog but I did wish there
> were a way to be more considerate of the list.

My $.02.

It would be an excellent idea to post your (the group's?) requirements
for content on the various lists on the website. The opinions you have
expressed are extremely restrictive in comparison to other lists where
I am a member. On most groups, any valid discussion of Linux/the
Distro belongs on the main list wheras the -talk list is for truly off
topic things (politics, rants, etc.). I can follow whatever guidelines
you (the group) come up with even though I find the aversion to
lengthy discussions somewhat strange. I don't consider lengthy
discussions to be inconsiderate. If I don't want to read, that's what
the X button on my mail client is for.

--
Collins Richey