[clue-admin] mailman archives restored!

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Dec 20 23:01:34 MST 2007

Jed S. Baer wrote:
[...]
> Also, would someone remind me tomorrow to move the document root out
> of /var? Thanks.

Thanks Jed, that's funny. :-)

I've wanted a reminder before and made my mail server do the reminding.
  So I put this in:

echo "echo Please move the document root out of /var. | mail -s \
'Reminder.' cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net " | at 9am tomorrow

I'd be happy if someone showed me how to do that with less quoting (but
really, it didn't seem worth getting out perl).

I would have used the CLUE server for the reminder but it doesn't have
at. :-(

(And at this hour a cron that deletes itself after one run ain't happening.)

Dave

"Remind a man to eat and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to remind
himself and he'll eat for a lifetime." ;-)