[clue-admin] Odd CVS warning publishing the website

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 21:09:08 MST 2007

On 2/7/07, Jed S. Baer <thag at frii.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 20:15:02 -0700
> CLUE President wrote:
>
> > My guess is that the process is running as crawford and this is why cvs
> > client is looking for a .cvsignore in ~crawford.  Check the web server
> > config or the script config?
>
> The httpd processes are running as apache.
>
> $ ls -l /var/www/cgi-bin/publish.sh
> -rwxr--r--  1 apache apache 1797 Feb  7 18:50 /var/www/cgi-bin/publish.sh
>
> So it won't run if some process was trying to run it as crawford.
>
> Not sure what you mean by script config. The publishing scripts don't have
> a config file.

On the contrary, I would think that the problem lies with past usage
of CVS. Methinks the module was somehow saved with Crawford as the
owner. Perhaps you could get Crawford to try to extract the file, save
as a file not under CVS control, then recreate the CVS controls
yourself.

HTH,

--
Collins Richey