[clue-admin] Odd CVS warning publishing the website

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Feb 7 21:44:46 MST 2007

Jed S. Baer wrote:
[...]
> generates the warning:
>  cvs export: cannot open /home/crawford/.cvsignore: Permission denied

I ran the export as apache from my home dir and got that message because
my home dir was 700, followed by an error that cvs couldn't cd to my
home.  Changing my dir to 755 fixed it.

I ran the export as apache in /tmp (with the output going to /tmp) and
got just the error about my .cvsignore (my home back at 700).

So I suspect an environment problem but I don't have any more than that
at the moment.