[clue-admin] Re: CLUE Web Site Contact Form - do you post LINUX jobs? (Fri Jul 27 2007 02:04 pm)]

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 21:42:49 MDT 2007

On 7/27/07, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> Collins Richey wrote:
> > I've never been clear about the reason for a Yahoo setup, anyway. Does
> > this give us visibility on search engines (?) or what (?). I would
> > think posting such queries to the Tech list would reach the desired
> > audience.and would be much simpler.
>
> Job postings can be kind of annoying.  They're much more like
> advertising than our other posts.  So I wouldn't want them to go to
> 'tech.  'talk I could live with but I don't read that one.

I guess I'm less easily annoyed, and the big X on my mail reader makes
short work of annoyance. The question is: are those who would benefit
from employment possibilities likely to read Tech or Talk? I, for one,
had never heard of Talk for years after I joined.

In any case, if the posts were to be entitled 'Employment Ad ...',
they could be filtered to /dev/null for those who are not interested.

I'll follow whatever rules we come up with.

--
Collins Richey