[clue-admin] Fw: Re: Mail from cluedenver.org bounced as Zombie

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Oct 28 22:43:07 MDT 2007

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> Well, I don't understand it, but maybe someone does. :)

The delegation bit comes from an RFC, says Google:

http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/rfc/rfc2317.html

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 03:51:34 -0400
> From: Cotse Helpdesk <helpdesk at cotse.net>
> To: "Jed S. Baer" <jed at jbaer.cotse.net>, helpdesk at cotse.net
> Subject: Re: Mail from cluedenver.org bounced as Zombie
>
> What we are seeing is this, which is probably what helped trip the
> zombie block (it takes many connections at once along with other "tells"):

It seems suboptimal that they don't know specifically what caused the
block.  FWIW.

[...]
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> 234.210.79.64.in-addr.arpa. 205
> IN      PTR     cluedenver.org.210.79.64.in-addr.arpa.

This should say:
   IN      PTR     cluedenver.org.

Not sure how it got the way it is but Jeff can talk to our provider
about fixing it.