[clue-admin] Cancelling Meetings

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:56:32 MDT 2007

On 9/24/07, Jed S. Baer <cluemail-jsb at freedomsight.net> wrote:
> I think we need a policy about cancelling meetings sooner than the day of
> the meeting. If someone is coming to the meeting from work, and therefore
> doesn't get home to check e-mail, and is relying on the website for
> current info, and I don't update it until I get home from work, then it's
> possible someone will show up when there's no meeting. I don't check clue
> e-mail from work.
>
> Also, people interested in the meeting, but who aren't on the
> CLUE-Announce list are affected.
>
> A while ago, Jeff suggested having a cancellation if there is no speaker
> confirmed two weeks prior to the meeting. Even a week would be better
> than the day of.
>
> Not having a room confirmed would also be a good reason to cancel.

Just my $.02. Personally, I think the only reason for cancellation
should be lack of a meeting room. If there is no speaker, we should
publish that fact as early as possible, but many of us like to
socialize and discuss Linux topics even if the speaker has bailed out.
That would also be more courteous to those who have not seen the
announcement(s).

--
Collins Richey