[clue-admin] DTC Feb Meeting

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Feb 10 17:54:08 MST 2008

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:57:44 +0000
dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

> From: "Jeff Cann" <jccann at gmail.com>
> > On Feb 4, 2008 12:23 PM, <dennisjperkins at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Jef Cann was supposed to handle speakers for the first three months.
> >

> > I've got nothing scheduled at this point.  Having a difficult time
> > getting volunteers from the ranks of the CLUEbies...
> >

> > I'm open to suggestions.
>
> Yeah, I noticed that too.

Can we make a decision?

Allow me to be a bit grumpy about this. As Webmaster, I see my
responsibility as that of conveying to the membership accurate
information about CLUE, and its activities, and do so in a manner which
provides adequate notice for planning of whatever might attend to
participation. For example, if a member needs to hire a babysitter in
order to attend, I think it's reasonable to have degree of advance
notice, such that a member can judge whether the event in question is
worth that expense, and do so in time to retain a sitter.

There's also the issue of having a conference room reserved which we wind
up not using. I don't know whether that's a big deal to Oracle, but it
seems a bit inconsiderate to me.

I don't know what happened at the last meeting, as I didn't attend. At
the meeting before that, we cancelled the formal meeting and just headed
for the Marriot, and only 4 or 5 people showed up.

I won't belabor the point further -- right now anyway. I will belabor it
more if it continues to be a problem.