[clue-admin] Fw: Re: July speaker

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed Jul 2 22:53:47 MDT 2008

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 22:35:46 -0600
From: Dennis J Perkins
To: "Jed S. Baer"
Subject: Re: July speaker

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 22:08 -0600, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 21:55:40 -0600
> Dennis J Perkins wrote:
>
> > I cannot contact the speaker for this month so I don't know if he will
> > show up on Tuesday.  Someone else had volunteered to give a talk on
> > Audacity but he isn't answering either.
> >
> > Louis Miller suggested low-footprint distros or wireless.  I haven't
> > looked at these distros but a discussion on wireless might be a good
> > idea.  I've used iwconfig and iwlist, but I have never used
> > ndiswrapper.
[snip]
> Really, I have no opinion on this. I just want to know what, if
> anything, to state for the topic.

I guess the best thing is to post a discussion session for July.  The
topic of discussion will be wireless networking and other topics
participants want to discuss.

If I get a response that either potential speaker will speak, we can
always change the topic.  But I want a topic posted.

There is a possibility that I won't be at the meeting either.  I might
be in Canada due to a customer emergency, but I am trying to delay that
until Wednesday if we cannot resolve everything remotely.