[clue-admin] Future Hosting Plans

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Thu Dec 3 19:50:03 MST 2009

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 18:26:50 -0700
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> What about spam filtering?  That's the only thing we use memory/CPU
> for, and it's maybe more trouble than admining the server.

All the shared hosting accounts I've looked at over the last 4 years or
so have spam filtering included. Usually Spamassassin. This is actually a
very good argument in favor of shared hosting over VPS. Right now, mail
going to Mailman isn't filtered by SA, since we rely on the rejection of
messages from non-subscribers to keep the lists clean.

Once I got it all configured, it hasn't been any trouble. (But it'd be
working better if I spent more time tweaking the rules for mail coming in
for postmaster.)

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?