[clue-admin] Future Hosting Plans

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 07:49:00 MST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1) VPS has been very stable. It's also the most we've ever spent on
>> hosting. And we're out of money.
>
> According to one of the later posts, the cost is $250 per year - not
> much when you split it up. We have about 10 regular attendees at
> meetings (South), some number (North), and maybe others who only vist
> the list. Divide that into the cost and you get <$25 per year per
> person contributing. I personally don't care whether that is tax
> deductible or not.

Agreed.  I didn't realize (or forgot) that the current VPS was only
~$20/month.  I'd be happy to help pay for the costs.

One other thought is to reconsider the "sponsorship" program -
http://cluedenver.org/display.php?node=sponsors How many of those
sponsors are active? For those that aren't active, I think we could
ask for money and then keep/remove them based on that and then bring
in a new batch of sponsors every year to pay for the hosting.

Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Mastering Drupal - http://www.masteringdrupal.com