[clue-admin] Various FW's from Jed, Re: CLUE server future

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Dec 8 13:11:18 MST 2009

Folks:

I would have to agree with Greg's remark.  If the group/company is not well known as a hosting provider, then my thoughts are leary.

For those who do not know VPSLink is a division of Spry.  Spry has six data centers in the Seattle/Tacoma, WA area, including one in Redmond that Microsoft uses and one that is in the Westin in downtown Seattle.  They are on the Pacific-Asia internet truck for bandwidth.  Short of their maintenance which is typically announced beforehand, I can say we have had ~99% up time (I think there was one hardware node failure in there over the CLUE tenure at Spry as well unannounced).

I believe I noticed most that replied directly to Jed offered financial contributions as well.  Perhaps passing around a collection hat might be in order and see where that puts things would be a good starting point.

Thoughts, comments, etc. are welcomed.  For reference I get this list in Digest format so pardon any delays in responding.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA