Separation and priority of tasks (was Re: [clue-admin] Notes from Tuesday meeting)

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Dec 15 14:24:51 MST 2009

Folks:

Comments below.

----- Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Crawford Rainwater
> <crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com> wrote:
> > Folks:
> >
> > If I may suggest, let us stabilize what CLUE needs first, i.e.,
> hosting via VPSLink or an alternative. �After this is accomplished and
> completed, then we can discuss other "ideas" for CLUE's site. �If
> there is no CLUE server (via VPS or otherwise), then there is no need
> to pursue enhancements after all.
>
> At the meeting, I had the impression that we had indeed decided to
> continue with the VPS link while continuing to evaluate other
> possibilities.

Is this settled then that CLUE will remain with VPSLink then?

> It seems to me that Crawford may be in a better position to recommend
> needed changes since his team has been the de facto maintainer since
> we put up the VPS link.

I am open to suggested changes for the CLUE web site, email lists, etc.  But what I would like to do is have things settled and migrated over from the OpenVZ to Xen VPSLink system.

> How are we proceeding with collecting funds? Some talk about using
> David' paypal account. I stand by my offer to advance funds for the
> initial renewal as long as I get reimbursed for a reasonable amount.

If this can be determined and on the premise that CLUE will remain with VPSLink, I can start work on obtaining the VPS under Linux ETC's VPSLink account.  Once that is done, I can coordinate with Jed and others about migrating from "old" to "new".  This will also need to include the DNS records which I do not recall who has access to those at this time.  In the mean time, with the collection hat being passed around, I can invoice CLUE via Linux ETC for the annual cost of the VPSLink account so it is settled.  The remaining funds can be kept for a rainy/snowy day.

Thoughts, comments, questions, etc. are welcomed.

Also to note (as usual) I get this list in Digest format so pardon any delays in responding in advance.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA