[clue-admin] Fwd: Linux Certification Study Group (LPIC-1)

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Feb 12 22:23:04 MST 2009

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:29:04 -0700 (MST)
> David L. Willson wrote:
>
>> how ~should~ I make sure this sort of thing gets to all the interested
>> parties
>
> JMHO, but first off, I think you need to realize that there's no way to
> *know* who all the interested parties are.
[...]

I would appreciate it if someone on -tech, -talk, and -cert posted a
notice there that if you want announcements you have to get on -announce.

So, for reference there are 209 people on -announce.

29 of the 95 people on -talk aren't on announce.

38 of the 176 people on -tech aren't on announce.

18 of the people not on -announce are on both -tech and -talk.

5 of the 39 people on -admin aren't on announce.

I changed the -tech info to read:

"CLUE tech is our forum for technical discussions about GNU/Linux. Ask
questions, receive answers, and generally discuss technical topics
related to Free Software and computing.

Non-techinical topics are discussed on clue-talk. Be sure to subscribe
to clue-announce to get announcements about meetings, installfests, and
other events."

(it has been a sentence fragment as long as I can remember).

I also changed -admin's info to say:

"A low-volume, moderated list for CLUE announcements such as meeting
info and installfest dates. We occasionally announce other Free Software
related events."

I will start announcing installfest on -announce, although the post-fest
comments will still go to -tech.