[clue-admin] The Future of Hosting Clue

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 05:21:37 MDT 2009

How much does Spry cost? Looking at traffic numbers for the website,
it seems to be very low usage.  I believe the site itself could be
managed on any shared hosting plan, even. Hosting for mailman can be
more expensive. Are there any other major needs that people have?

I noticed there is a sponsors page.  Is that up to date?  Have those
companies recently donated?

Greg

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Jed S. Baer<cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net> wrote:
> Hi Folks.
>
> Been meaning to start this discussion. Now seems as good a time as any.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on a plan for the continued hosting of CLUE when
> our Spry account runs out next January? As I understand it, there's no
> money left to pay for another year.
>
> According to Webalizer, we're xferring an average of 1.2GB/mo on the
> website. I don't know how much bandwidth the mailing lists take.
>
> Depending on where we go with this, we'll need to dig up info on how much
> storage the Mailman archives take up, etc.
>
> jed

Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Cracking Drupal - Learn to protect your Drupal site from hackers
Now available from Wiley http://crackingdrupal.com