[clue-admin] [ADMIN] Those who want to determine the hosting provider... raise your hands

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Dec 17 20:45:27 MST 2010

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:12:18 -0700
> YES NOPE9 wrote:
>> == Funding sources appear to have declined .... money must be used more
>> carefully
>
> I think we actually had more money last year than in any prior years.
> Remember that we used to get hosting free, and our main expense prior to
> signing up for VPSlink was the projector. I don't know what the projector
> cost, and we did have some ongoing fundraising for that, so might be one
> year with a higher total, and IIRC, there was some excess which we used
> to buy other hardware, and maybe the rest went to our 1st year at VPSlink.

This may be a record year for CLUE fund raising, excepting maybe the membership drive.  We're close
to what we need for the VPS, there's some money left from Free Lunch at installfest, and I've spent
maybe as much as $100 on installfest gear.

If it feels like money is tight it's because we have some and our appetite for spending it is rising.