[clue-admin] Focus and direction some

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Tue Dec 21 21:41:01 MST 2010

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 20:37:23 -0700 (MST)
David L. Willson wrote:

> But here's where I am tonight. I'm tired.

Well, so am I. Mostly for reasons that have nothing to do with CLUE.

Anyways, I'm not opposed to change. Yes, I'm opposed to some changes, but
I think everyone knows about that already.

But neither you, nor anyone, is going to solve all of our problems at
once. That, for sure, is a recipe for tired. Focus on one thing, finish
that, move on. And be aware that yes, when you toss out a whole big pile
of changes all at once, that there are going to be people who go, "Huh?"

So that's why I proposed setting priorities, and doing some planning.

> On "passing the torch": It boggles my mind that you want to drive your
> volunteers until they are so exhausted that they call for relief. Who
> wants to sign up for hard, unpaid work until you can't do any more? A
> year, sure, but forever? Not this Indian.

Well, with a few exceptions, it's been hard to find that relief. That's
why I don't understand the election thing. Without a slate of candidates
contending for office, we'd be just going through some motions, and I
don't find that energizing.

If Dennis needs relief, then let's find that. Dennis ...

DENNIS! Speak up man!

Let's focus on identifying things we can do, and which aren't stirring
the pot for the sake of stirring the pot.

If we think that getting more people to come to meetings is the main thing
to do, then let's identify things that work towards that. Is that the 1st
step in getting more people interested enough in CLUE to volunteer to do
some of the work? I admit that I don't know, because I don't know why
participation is declining.

And maybe part of the plan has to be to just make some decisions, even if
they aren't the absolutely, full-studied, best possible thing, because we
just need to get something done and not have that distraction for a while.

So let's renew the VPSlink account. Then it won't be an immediate thing
distracting us. And we won't need to find people/time to do a migration.

Let's finish the e-mail issue.

And let's not flail.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?