[clue-admin] On the Drupal CLUE site (was: Focus and direction some)

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 11:19:52 MST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Crawford Rainwater" <crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com>
To: clue-admin at cluedenver.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:22:45 AM
Subject: Re: [clue-admin] On the Drupal CLUE site (was: Focus and direction some)

----- Dennis J Perkins <djperkins77 at gmail.com> wrote: -----
> > > Perhaps Dennis can provide an update on his progress with Drupal.
> > > Last
> > > I heard there was mention of some other CMS. Knowing more about
> > > the
> > > status of this item will help with establishing priorities. My
> > > guess is that
> > > we don't have enough data on this yet, for it to influence our
> > > decision
> > > on hosting.
> > >

> > I would be interested in a status on such. Worst case I could
> > attempt to make a quick Drupal site as well (minus the Mailman side
> > initially) since I am working on a Drupal front end for CLUE
> > "webinars" or "presentations" to go with the webinar/conferencing
> > system. Thought since others mentioned interest in the main CLUE web
> > site via a CMS, I have no issues seeing the results.
> >
> > FWIW.
> >
> > --- Crawford
> >

> I stopped on Drupal for a little while because I was buried with work.
> The company shuts down from Christmas to New Year, so I have free time
> next week for Drupal.

Thanks Dennis for the update. I can be available to assist on the "inners" of Drupal to some degree, but I will also pitch that Greg would be the "Drupal Master" by far. ;-)

--- Crawford

I think he told me that he doesn't have time but any advice and suggestions from him would be helpful.

I don't think the learning curve is as steep as some people claim, but maybe it just seems that way because of a development program I was struggling with at work. Even Sendmail configuration would seem easier than that. :)