[clue-admin] Single tagged list

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Dec 22 21:37:53 MST 2010

Will wrote:
> I don't see how tagging solves any problems.  If I am reading this right
> useers will still subsribe to tags and not get all the mail which is the
> whole point of consolidation.  If I am wrong on that point I am still
> guessing that there will be a weekly/monthly flame war over incorrect usage
> of tags.

I, for one, can't wait to use my own tagging system that no one else understands, and to flame
everyone else who fails to tag correctly.  2011 will be *so* much fun.

> If the idea is to be more inclusive barriers and attitudes need to
> lowered not shuffeled.  Why does the occasional OT e-mail cause so much
> stress?

Like Jed said, there's plenty of noise to be had.  I read Linux lists because I want to hear about
Linux.  Occasional short, cogent posts about other things don't bother me much.  But long threads on
opinions about global warming or VMWare sales pitches are tedious.

I hope that if we merge lists that the -talk content will go away entirely and the -tech content
will only be marginally diluted.  If not I'll be much harder to reach on the list.