[clue-admin] On the webinar/conferencing side for CLUE meetings

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Dec 23 13:11:06 MST 2010

Folks:

The testing of the webinar/conferencing system (Big Blue Button or "BBB" for short; URL is http://www.bigbluebutton.org ) with a Drupal front end has worked in our test cases.  There are a few minor items to take care of, but in the end it looks like this will be working fine shortly.

What would be required is a "moderator" for the presentation, in addition to the viewers and the presenter.  This would be someone who can watch the webinar and assist with Q&A (via IM within the system) to the presenter.  If the CLUE Presentation Coordinator will be also present and attending the meetings, this could be covered that way.  I would like to have a "plan B" person or two as well.

There are a few demo videos on BBB's showing the "viewer" perspective, the "presenter" perspective, the white board, and the translation (which we have not tried yet) from their web site.  The URL is

http://www.bigbluebutton.org/content/videos

Thoughts, comments, questions, etc. are welcomed.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA