[clue-admin] considerations for CLUE website

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Feb 5 16:32:35 MST 2010

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:36:05 +0000 (UTC)
dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

> Not everyone knows HTML or PHP and don't want to learn it. It's also
> more time-consuming to do by hand, but maybe that is even more
> old-school. :)

Hah! I wrote my first CGI in Korn shell. That was probably in 1997,
before I'd discovered a form processor package in Perl. One of the places
I consulted at, they were doing their CGI in C.

Also, I haven't looked in detail at the various MVC type CMS systems, but
the little looking I did indicated you're best off knowing some PHP to
use them -- at least for doing the custom app development you do to
configure them for your particular needs.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?