[clue-admin] Mailman migration.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Jan 10 19:17:31 MST 2010

The mailman archives and list pages are available on the new server.

When we cut over I think we need to stop the old mailman, sync the files in /var/lib/mailman, and
start the new one.

Postfix is running on the new server.  I've stopped apache and mailman for now.

I'm not sure how much more testing I can do without a name (with A and MX records) to use in DNS.
Does the new server have any DNS entries?  Obviously testing when we cut over would be good.

You can stop reading now, the rest is just notes for me to remember.

Dave

Here's what's been done with mailman today:

Installed the mailman rpm.

Changed the following in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and started apache:

- ServerAdmin webmaster at cluedenver.org
- UseCanonicalName On

I *did not* change DocumentRoot, which will probably have to be done.  There are other differences
that I didn't care about.

Enabled apache with chkconfig httpd on.

Copied over all /var/lib/mailman files.

Created a site password with: /usr/lib/mailman/bin/mmsitepass <password>, whoever is administering
mailman feel free to change it.

Ran /usr/lib/mailman/bin/update.

Enabled mailman with chkconfig mailman on.

Started mailman.

Added the various CLUE entries to /etc/aliases (there are still some differences) and ran newaliases.