[clue-admin] [Fwd: changing website]

chutchin at geekboi.org chutchin at geekboi.org
Fri May 14 18:40:05 MDT 2010

Given that I don't have a full horse in the race and am a little too far
North to be active in Clue outside of the mailing lists and getting to an
install fest every other year or so, please take the following as outside
insight.

Why would the site need to be a blog 'OR' a wiki?  It would seem to me
that the blog format would be pretty good for regular postings like
meeting and install fest announcements.  The wiki format would seem to me
to be closer to optimal for members sharing info and how to data.

Is there a way to consolidate the management and access control of both in
one place?  A static main page that links to the blog for the meeting
announcements and a different link to the wiki or other CMS (dropal,
joomla etc.).

Most of the wikis I have experience with are relatively hands off once
setup.  Joomla was a bit more to get usable at first but not outside of
the realm of a weekend job for a basic install.

Just .02 tossed in from someone with little to contribute past his pocket
change.

Charlie