[clue-admin] VPS Renewal

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Wed Nov 10 12:19:41 MST 2010

----- "David L. Anselmi" <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote: -----
> David L. Willson wrote:
> > Bring on the flurry of noise and outrage! Bring on the questions!
> > Bring on the huffing and
> > curmudgeonliness, the inertia, and techno-troglo-snobbery! Bring on
> > the nothing, the lack of
> > change, and stagnation!
>
> First: shut up, troll. :-P

I second that.  If I wanted to start fires and debates, I would do that on CLUE-Talk to be honest.  Back to the topic at hand.

> > I vote we do something different this year. And I don't even care
> > what, just so there's a little
> > smoke or fire somewhere... Shoot, we're a technical club, for crying
> > out loud, we're supposed to
> > be early adopters!
>
> But seriously. Could we use cloud computing for our web site? I've
> been asked about a cloud
> computing installfest, which I know nothing about. But if we could
> move our site to "the cloud" I'd
> have a reason to learn.

A VPS (virtual private server) is similar to "cloud computing".  The difference is a private container that can meet those various compliancy deals versus most "clouds" that are not VPS orient cannot.

HTH.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court