[clue-admin] CLUE steering meeting redux.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Nov 22 23:19:29 MST 2010

Admins (and gentlemen) ;-)

I'd like to redirect the goal of our steering meeting.  "VPS, Drupal" and "CLUE steering" seem
incongruous to me.  Steering seems so much more grand than talking about two tools.  I ask for your
support (see the last paragraph).

I will announce two meetings: the evening of Nov 26th and the evening of Dec 14th (our regularly
scheduled meeting).  We can add a Saturday if there is enough interest.

The goal will be to establish the direction of CLUE for the coming year:

  - address priorities and shortcomings in how we're executing
  - get help/replacements for those admins who need it
  - get new admins for new things that need to be done

In short, to shake off the slumber that is slowly overwhelming us.  I don't know whether I can pull
this off.  I do know I need your help.

So what the heck do I think I'm doing?  Well, I was given some insight about how Dennis came to
decide to hold a meeting and I think that what we've arranged so far doesn't really cut it.  Since I
was asked to announce the meetings I told him I'd arrange what was needed and he agreed.

The problem is that we didn't propose an agenda that was aggressive enough to get the current
admins/officers committed to coming.  But we really need much of the membership to come too so we
can meet their needs and get their help.  I think that if we develop a vision the details like
Drupal and VPS will fall into place.

I like the idea of a meeting on the 26th so I'm sticking with it.  I didn't get a sense that anyone
was solely committed to the 11th and it seems convenient to meet on the 14th since we don't have
another topic planned.  If Saturday is really popular we can add back the 11th or the 18th.

Here's how you can help:

- Come to the meetings.  If you can only make one the later ones will probably be better.
- If this whole approach is hugely offensive/stupid/arrogant/whatever, tell me what you *will do*
instead.
- Be patient with me and the other volunteers (we are volunteers).  I'm not trying to resolve
everything here so I'm not spelling everything out.  That's for the meetings.
- Come to the meetings.

Thanks for all you've done for CLUE.