[clue-admin] venue possibility

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Sep 2 15:19:02 MDT 2010

When looking at venues and spots for CLUE-North eons ago it was decided by the CLUE-Admin (including those assisting with CLUE-North) to have a more formal venue for presentations and an "after meeting" spot or two to pick from (there was CB Potts and Hooters down the street from DeVry's Westminster campus).  This was also because the need for projectors and internet connectivity now and then.  For the old Regis University spot we have to bring in both a WAP and LCD projector (eventually we found who at DeVry had access to a projector for our use, but that was 4-6 months into using that location).  Joanne Yamaguichi was fortunate enough to connect with the proper DeVry folks which was a better choice IMHO between the two a year or two later.

I would suggest a "coffee house" for after hours or even a Hackfest session like the Boulder LUG and NCLUG do now and then to be honest.  Finding a sponsor for a location to begin with is not as easy as it seems.  Also others at a "coffee house" location might take issue with a large group of folks taking over and presenting if there is not a separate meeting room area as Dave inquired about.

Just my $0.02.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court