[clue-admin] [clue-talk] Call for Volunteers / January elections

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Mon Jan 10 13:34:00 MST 2011

----- "David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> wrote: -----

<...snipped...>

> If you would like an official title and a good chance of being
> hollered at when things go wrong, please come to tomorrow evening's
> meeting, or volunteer / nominate yourself over email.
>
> Dennis and Crawford are opting to retain their positions of President
> and SysAdmin, respectively. Personally, I'd like to formalize it by
> opening the floor to nominations, at least. Does anyone object to that
> idea?

To formalize this, yes I will remain as one of the CLUE system admins.  I would like David A. to assist with the Mailman portions for now as well if David A. is still game.

> I intend to volunteer / nominate myself for the position of speaker
> coordinator, but I welcome competition for the position. If I win your
> approval, I intend to hold the position for only one year.
>
> I really, really hope at least two or three people will vie for
> Webmaster, but we'll see what happens.

For the time being, I will assist with the CLUE web site since the game plan is moving over to Drupal.  Collins, Dennis, and Gus are also working on this, though a "chair" or point person would be nice eventually.

I would like to recommend David A. also for CLUE InstallFest Coordinator unless he wishes to pass the hat there.  If things slow down on my end (thinking middle of this year perhaps), I might be open to getting CLUE-North up and going along with assisting the InstallFests at DeVry Westminster campus as well.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA