[clue-admin] Notes from CLUE meeting of 2011-01-11

Wed Jan 12 10:11:24 MST 2011

Crawford: Would you please make the appropriate adjustments to the email aliases "webmaster", etc., or have someone else do it, or let me know that Dave Anselmi is Postmaster? Also, I suppose an announcement should go out on -Announce with the 2011 team. Yes?

- Elections
President = Dennis Perkins
Speaker Coordinator = David Willson
Treasurer = Gus Calabrese
Webmaster = Dennis Perkins
Installfest = Dave Anselmi
Server Admin = Crawford

- David's talk: Aircraft carrier movies. Fun!

- Mailing List Referendum new votes
Mike Burton: One
Matt Dawkins: One
Toshi Isogai: One
Todd Trichler: One

I'm at work right now, but I'll summarize the votes on the email lists for 2011 as soon as I can and publish the results.

A good question was asked about why we don't do more in terms of using free services, like Google/Facebook/Meetup/etc... I think we need to think about that. Having a central thing is good, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't extend the club's presence as far as possible. This is my current recommendation: Create presence in Meetup, etc, but reularly refer to the website (cluedenver.org) as "the one authoritative thing" so that if the driver of the Facebook (or whatever) presence loses their motivation, the outdated stuph still refers the reader to the club's home.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.