[clue-admin] David Willson gets webcam CLUE conferencing

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Wed Jan 12 12:23:12 MST 2011

On Jan 12, 2011, at 9:46 AM, David L. Willson wrote:

Sound:

Whenever the sound channel played into the room, we got some pretty bad feedback-echo-looping. I'm not sure how the sound was at the receiver end, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't disappointing whenever Dave left the podium. Maybe a wireless microphone and amplification system, with a monitor near the meeting sensors, would be a good investment?

Video:

I'm getting one of these next week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UY1OMY
My hope is that it will enhance the remote learning experience here at PARSEC, but maybe it could be useful to CLUE, too.
I'll let you know how mine works out. If it doesn't pan out ("pan", get it?), I'll probably return or re-sell it, and go to the HD webcam.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.

I just bought one of these (1) .   I plan to interface it to this (2).
(1)  http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Webcam-C910-1080p-Video/dp/B003M2YT96/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294860098&sr=8-1
(2) http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-guruplugdetails.aspx

I will let you know how it turns out.
Gus in Denver   99gus