[clue-admin] Plans for CLUE infrastructure.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Mar 31 22:03:22 MDT 2012

I suppose that people might expect me to do something with regards to the Drupal web site.  So
here's a statement of what I plan (and don't plan) to do.

First, you know that I have little interest in a Drupal based web site.  So I don't feel
particularly responsible for it.  But I am responsible for CLUE's web presence so I at least have to
pay attention.

If anyone presents a plan for the Drupal site to appear at cluedenver.org (and www) I will review it
and if it is sufficient I will ask the people required to implement it.

Failing that I will eventually review the Drupal site, decide whether it is an adequate replacement,
and develop a plan to either make it our official page or close it.  Don't hold your breath, I and
those who will help me are volunteers.  Like any open source project, code talks so if you really
care show us your plan.

Second, the mailing lists are as important as the web site and I am not aware of any alternatives to
hosting our own mailman.  So I have no plans to stop our VPS nor to change how our mailing lists are
managed.  That means that if you think there are alternatives you should present them.  "gmail" is
not an alternative.  You should explain what the alternative is, how it works, pros, cons, change
management, etc.

Neither of these things have to change--I've told you my big picture:

http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue/2012-February/002422.html

But if they do change I will try to manage the changes so they are beneficial to the group.  This
should not discourage you from proposing and working for your ideas.

Thanks for your support!