[CLUE-Announce] CD Distro for InstallFest announcement

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at itec-co.com
Wed Oct 2 09:53:29 MDT 2002

Fellow CLUEbians:

On behalf of ITEC, I am soliciting requests for purchase
of various Linux distributions on CDs for the upcoming
InstallFest.  After costs, proceeds from these sales will
be going to the CLUE projector fund as a bonus.

A partial list of distributions to be offered are as
follows with related number of discs:
- RedHat 7.3 (3 install, 1 doc) (will check about 8.0 as well)
- Mandrake 8.2 (3 install)
- Slackware 8.1 (1 install, 1 extra and/or 1 source)
- Turbo WS 7.0 (2 install), Server 6.5 (1 install)
- Debian 3.0 (7 installs or 7 source)
- Yellowdog 2.2 (1 install)
- FreeBSD 4.6 (4 installs)

No chances for SuSE 8.0 nor Lycoris 1.0 due to reselling
issues with those specific distributions.  If there is
another distribution that you may wish to purchase, feel free
to email me directly off list and I will research those requests
and post the results to all.  Older distributions (e.g., RedHat
7.2, Debian 2.2r5, etc.) as well as other platforms (e.g., PPC
or Alpha) may also be ordered as well, though I will have to
verify availability at the same time.

The costs would be $1.50 per disc, Yellowdog at $2.50 per
disc, plus sales tax and any related shipping to local addresses
(for the second round of purchases after the InstallFest).  ITEC
would need a minimum of a 50 disc order for these prices, the order
can be a mixture of distributions.

The idea behind this is for those (like myself), who do
not have a high speed connection at home, access to
copies of various distributions on CDs.

There will be two sets of order taken for this event.
The first set's deadline will be Wednesday, 2 October,
the second set will be Monday, 13 October (one before the
InstallFest, one for afterwards).  This will allow
folks who may see a distribution "in action" at the
InstallFest a chance to contact ITEC to make an order
after the event, as well as for those who want one
beforehand.  The first batch will be distributed at
the InstallFest (unless otherwise requested in advance),
second batch on an individual case by case basis.  Again,
both sets of orders need to be 50 discs or more for
these great prices.

For order or any related questions, please either email
me directly at this address or give me a call at the
number listed below (normal business hours, 9AM to 5PM).

For orders, please include the following information:
- Name
- Email and postal addresses
- Contact phone number(s)
- Distributions and quantity, architecture type (e.g., i386,
  PPC, M86k, Sparc, Alpha...), and install or source

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Crawford Rainwater
CEO and Consultant