[CLUE-Announce] CLUE DTC Meeting (Oct 2002)

El Presidente de CLUE president at clue.denver.co.us
Mon Oct 7 20:30:13 MDT 2002

Greetings,

Our next meeting is tomorrow, October 8th.  Please visit our web site,
http://clue.denver.co.us/ for additional information, including links to
meeting maps and information.

Following are the scheduled talks.  Please join us!

Jeffery Cann
CLUE President
MAIN Session Topic: Practical TCP/IP with David Anselmi (7:00 pm)

Using Linux means using TCP/IP networking. This talk will help you understand
how TCP/IP works so you can configure and troubleshoot your Linux system more
easily.

Dave Anselmi is the CLUE webmaster. He is a self-taught programmer, system and
network administrator, and Linux enthusiast. He has been dabbling in Linux
since 1995 and is finally starting to understand a little of it.
KISS Session Topic: Create Your Own Weblog with Jed Baer (6:30 pm)

Blogging is the latest craze to hit the world wide web. From the mega
discussion sites like Slashdot and Kuro5hin, to personal blogs like Magickal
Musings, blogs are popping up all over. There are even blogs about blogs.
phpweblog is just one of many software packages available for publishing a
weblog. See how to install and configure it.

Jed is an IT veteran, currently an Oracle developer and DBA. He's been using
Linux for 4 years, and just started up his own weblog, Cosmic Skidmark.

Hall Kinion graciously donates the resources for our meeting location.  Please
consider Hall Kinion for your technology staff needs.