[CLUE-Announce] [Fwd: Softpro Books -- October Announcements]

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Fri Sep 27 14:36:38 MDT 2002

A couple of speakers who might be of interest to CLUEbies
are scheduled to talk at Softpro Books -- Lynn

October Special	--------	DOUBLE DISCOUNT ON ALL WILEY [TECH PUBS]

October Event	--------	MARK LUTZ ON PYTHON

December Event	--------	KEVIN MITNICK

EVENTS

Mark Lutz on Python

Place: Denver Tech Center store -- Monday, October 7, 7 pm.
Topic: Python -- A General Overview

Mark Lutz will be at Softpro Books in the DTC to talk about Python, its history,
its roles, and its future.  Mr. Lutz is the author of "Programming Python",
"Learning Python", and "Python Desk Reference", all published by O'Reilly and
Associates.  This talk will be of an introductory nature.  However, if time
allows and the audience desires, Mark will delve into language details.  If you
are interested in attending, please email events at softprowest.com with the word
'Python' in the subject line.

For those of you who like to plan in advance, Kevin Mitnick will be visiting our
DTC store on Tuesday, December 3rd at 7 pm and our Boulder store on Thursday,
December 5th at 7 pm.

SPECIALS

Win a $100 Gift Certificate and double your Softpro Regular discount on books
from Wiley Technology Publishing.

Take 20% off the list price on all Trade titles and 10% off all Professional
titles on everything from Wiley Technical Publishing, including titles from
Wiley Computer Publishing, Red Hat Press, For Dummies, Bibles, Visual and
Complete Course.

"Mastering Jakarta Struts" by James Goodwill is currently one of our best
selling titles, and we expect "Mastering Tomcat Development" by Peter Harrison
and Ian McFarland by the end of the month. Kevin Mitnick's "The Art of
Deception" is releasing in early October. Perennial bestsellers include "Red Hat
Bible" by Christopher Negus (new edition for Red Hat 8.0 expected by the end of
October) and "Mastering Enterprise JavaBeans, Second Edition" by Ed Roman, Scott
Ambler and Tyler Jewell.  We invite you to drop by our stores if these or any
other titles from Wiley Technology Publishing are of interest to you. For a
complete catalog of Wiley books, go to www.wiley.com. This special discount is
good for in-store and phone orders at our Colorado stores only and is limited to
items currently stocked. We will give rain checks in the case of temporarily out
of stock titles.

Enter a drawing to win $100 worth of books from Wiley Technology Publishing.  No
purchase necessary.  One entry per customer.  You must be a Softpro Regular club
member.  The drawings will be held on November 1, 2002, with one prize to be
awarded at each of our two locations.

REMINDER

The Team O'Reilly Rewards promotion continues through the end of the year.  For
every 5 O'Reilly (excluding pocket references) titles that you purchase from
Softpro Books, the 6th book is free. Ask for details at any Softpro Books location.

Softpro Books     http://www.softpro.com

DTC                     Boulder
6862 S. Yosemite St.    4800 Baseline Rd. #B-102
Centennial, CO 80112    Boulder, CO 80303
303.740.7751(T)         303.543.7217(T)
303.740.8152(F)         303.554.1599(F)
dtc at softprowest.com     boulder at softprowest.com