[CLUE-Announce] Reminder for Wednesday night's meeting

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 19 14:00:59 MDT 2003

Hello everyone:

Linux Fun-da-mentals will meet Wed. Aug. 20. We are still struggling with
vacations and busy schedules. David said he'd like to take a peek at vmware,
and do some general Q&A tomorrow night. Tomorrow is Matt Gushee's wedding
anniversary, so we have postponed his Gimp presentation until September. We
do have Gimp on our lab server and anyone who is interested in getting
familiar with it, will have the opportunity to get a jump on that
presentation! We have a new server in the lab and if we have some spare
time, I'd like to "stress" test some of the apps included with Redhat 9 with
some adult users. Also, David Jenne has been working hard on getting Koha
(an ILS -- integrated library system) up and running for our school, perhaps
some of you would be interested in seeing how that is coming along.

Hope to see many of you there.

Rita Gibson
Technology Coordinator
RMSEL
Cell:  (720) 935-4437
rgibson57 at earthlink.net

Meetings are held at Rocky Mountain School of Expeditionary Learning, 1700
S. Holly, Denver, CO
80222. The parking lot is on the south of the building, entrance is the
southeast corner of the of the building next to the "marquis".

Bring a friend, BYOB, and bring your questions. (If you don't want to BYOB,
there are some boxes on the front row that are Knoppix-ready and will be up
and running and ready for use.) Our lab is running the K12 Linux Terminal
Server Project, which is based on Redhat 9. Doors will be open by 5:30 for
those of you who like to arrive early, and we'll try to start around 6:00.

The address, map, and directions are on the CLUE calendar:
http://clue.denver.co.us/calendar

Linux Fun-da-mentals meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month.
http://www.thegeek.nu/LinuxFun.htm .