[CLUE-Announce] Linux Fun-da-mentals Reminder, Wed., Sept 17

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 14 09:46:58 MDT 2003

Hello everyone:

Linux Fun-da-mentals will meet Wednesday, Sept. 17. Matt Gushee will cover
The Gimp and had this to say about the upcoming class:

"I'd like to ask people to bring two or more photos in a standard file
format (e.g. JPEG, PNG, or TIFF). There should be one photo featuring an
interesting foreground subject (such as a person, animal, or object), and
another, entirely different photo that would make a good background.  This
is not mandatory, since I will provide images that they can work with, but
it might be more fun if they can work with their own material.I hope this
isn't too much GIMPology, though--this month's CLUE presentation was on the
GIMP too, though of course mine will be a bit different: less broad, a bit
deeper, and hands-on."

If everything goes as planned, we will even print your finished photo so
that you will have something to take away -- and it will give us the
opportunity to test out our new color printer in a class situation.

Hope to see many of you there.

Rita Gibson
Technology Coordinator
RMSEL
Cell:  (720) 935-4437
rgibson57 at earthlink.net

Meetings are held at Rocky Mountain School of Expeditionary Learning,
1700 S. Holly, Denver, CO 80222. The parking lot is on the south of the
building, entrance is the southeast corner of the of the building next
to the "marquis".

Bring a friend, BYOB, and bring your questions. (If you don't want to
BYOB, there are some boxes on the front row that are Knoppix-ready and
will be up and running and ready for use.) Our lab is running the K12
Linux Terminal Server Project, which is based on Redhat 9. Doors will be
open by 5:30 for those of you who like to arrive early, and we'll try to
start around 6:00.