[clue-announce] Make a Resolution to volunteer for CLUE in 2006

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:07:06 MST 2006

The Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts (CLUE) would like to announce the
open volunteer positions for the 2006 year:

Speaker Coordinator :
 * Research local area to identify and approach potential speakers.
 * Schedule meeting speakers for the DTC, North meetings.
 * Coordinate speaker abtracts between speakers and CLUE webmaster.
 * Act as the primary point of contact for the speaker.
Estimated monthly time commitment:  3-5 hours

Special Events Coordinator
 * Arrange non-meeting events, such as Installfests.
Estimated monthly time commitment:  1-3 hours

Sponsor Coordinator
    * Contact publishers, linux companies, etc to solicit for giveaways.
    * Collect and distribute door prizes at the meetings.
    * Coordinate vendor tables.
Estimated monthly time commitment:  3-5 hours

In addition to the normal duties of each position, we have approximately 3-4
admin meetings a year which last 2-3 hours and as a volunteer you're
encouraged to attend either the North or DTC meeting each month.

In years past, we did not have a term limit on the volunteer position.  We are
trying a new concept for 2006:  term limits of 12 months.  If you volunteer,
your committment is only 1 year.

Past volunteers have made CLUE one of the best LUGs and have kept us rolling
for over 10 years.  Please consider giving back to the Linux community in the
form of volunteering for CLUE.

Please use the contact form http://cluedenver.org/contactform.php?to=president
to apply.

Happy New Year!