[clue-announce] LinuxFun One-week Reminder: Solomon on Rails

Thu Jun 7 11:06:43 MDT 2007

All: This is your one-week-out LinuxFun reminder.

Solomon, Mike, Greg, and Steve:  Don't forget, we're planning to discuss
the the July CLUE presentation (CMS comparative discussion) at this
LinuxFun.

Solomon White, my uber-veteran web-developer buddy, is coming to
LinuxFun next month, to give us a hands-on experience with Rails.  Join
us.

You've heard of Ruby on Rails and AJAX on Rails, and you might have
wondered, "What the Heck is Rails?"  (unless you didn't know that Rails
is a software platform, in which case you might have pictured the
prototypical "damsel in distress" scenario)

What is Rails?
        Web development that doesn't hurt!
        Beautiful code that makes you happy.
        Developing web applications?  You gotta try this!

Who is Solomon White?
        Solomon White has been a Unix SysAdmin, a DBA, and President of
        an eCommerce software startup, all the while building
        applications for
        the web.

What is LinuxFun?
        LinuxFun is a hands-on study group for people who want to know
        more about how to use Linux.

        Time: 6:30PM

        Place:
           Denver Place, North Tower
       999 18th Street
       Suite 1725

There's no free parking nearby and the building will be locked, so bring
quarters and a cell phone or be prepared to wait for someone else that
did.

My number is 720-333-LANS(5267).  Give me a call when you arrive so I
can let you in.

David L. Willson