[clue-announce] Fwd: Linux Certification Study Group (LPIC-1)

Wed Feb 11 21:53:28 MST 2009

The Parsec Group, CoLoCo, CLUE, and I are going to host/facilitate a certification study group.  If you are serious about achieving the LPIC-1 certification, please read on and reply.

There are only 12 seats, and at least 6 are spoken for already, the remainder are first reply received, first served.  If there is a little interest beyond the 12, I'll wait-list the extras.  If there's a lot, I'll try to get another facilitator and ask Parsec about the other classroom.

Study sessions will be every Monday evening from 6:30pm to 10PM, beginning Monday, March 16th, and running for 10 sessions.

We're going to work through the 2nd Edition of Roderick W. Smith's LPIC-1 Study Guide, which comes out in early March.  Please pre-order your copy ASAP so you'll have it before our first meeting.

Here are two links:

   http://www.buy.com/prod/lpic-1-linux-professional-institute-certification-study-guide-exams/q/loc/106/209158868.html
   http://www.amazon.com/LPIC-1-Linux-Professional-Institute-Certification/dp/0470404833/

You should bring a wonk-ass box (a computer with a fast processor and lots of RAM and a big hard drive), if you can.  If you can't, you can use a Parsec box, but you can't take it home with you.

We'll meet at my office at 999 18th St, Suite 1725, Denver, CO, 80123

Expectations and advisements:

Each person will be expected to read the planned chapter(s) before we meet for hands-on practice and group study.

Each person will be expected to do additional exercises as needed to reinforce unfamiliar concepts.

Both of the above are outside classroom time.

You should keep my cell with you in hard copy.  (It's in my signature.)  If you don't make it to a meeting on time, you'll need to call me to let you in.

You should give me your cell, in case something happens at the last moment.

When we finish with LPIC-1, if everything went well, we'll begin studying for the Ubuntu Certified Professional add-on exam.

Sponsors:

The Parsec Group - Training, Consulting, and Support for OpenVMS, HP Unixen, Linux, Windows, and some other stuph
CoLoCo           - Colorado Ubuntu Local Team or Colorado Local (Ubuntu) Community
CLUE             - Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts or Colorado Linux Users Everywhere
David Willson    - I love, engineer, administer, evangelize, and teach Free software, like Linux.

If you want your name added to the list, buy somebody a book, or (if we end up with a LOT of interest) help facilitate.

David L. Willson
Network Engineer
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS