[clue-announce] Kernel Customization

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Wed May 20 14:29:13 MDT 2009

For those of you on both lists, sorry for the cross post, but this is an esoteric enough question, I need to broaden my net if I ever want to have a chance of finding the answer.

Doe anyone know if there is a way to have the kernel dump its currently running configuration in a way that I can pump that into a kernel compile to have the kernel support all the equipment on my current machine, and only the parts of my current machine?

I want a kernel compile that is the smallest possible kernel without breaking anything that is installed and configured for my current machine.

Any hints?

Thxs

Kevin Fries
Senior Linux Engineer
Computer and Communications Technology, Inc
A division of Japan Communications Inc
(303) 708-9228 x326