[clue-announce] A fitting memorial.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu May 27 23:51:14 MDT 2010

So I realized, quite a few days after scheduling installfest, that this is Memorial Day weekend.

We had an installfest a few years ago on a 3 day weekend and I worried that no one would come.  "You
dope," they said.  "Only losers like government employees get a 3 day weekend this weekend."  Well,
that was me.  (It was Veteran's Day, or Columbus Day, or something.)

I think a few more people get Monday off than the last time.  So there's a chance that no one will
come.  Except for the guy who called.  And me.  And some people that have to do what I tell them.

I think I'll bring my bell.  There's a story to it if you want to come hear it.
http://www.livingeachday.com/a-2horses_unk/

But the short version is that I'm not taking my daughter to ride a horse, nor to see the horses I
like best, because we have installfest.  Instead I'll dedicate the day to you, and to the people who
built GNU/Linux.  It's what I'd want to do if I were away from home keeping you safe.

So come out and lend a hand, or share a story, or ring a bell.  And then you can take Monday to
celebrate all the more important things.

Dave