[clue-announce] Monkeysphere.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Sep 3 22:55:12 MDT 2010

The date for installfest is confirmed, Sept 18th.

There's a lot out there about key signing parties but it really isn't hard.  Here's a short description:

http://www.debian.org/events/keysigning

What you need:

- A key.  You can follow the directions at http://keyring.debian.org/creating-key.html.  Do update
your gpg.conf.  Then read the gpg prompts and make a 4096 bit RSA key for signing (your master key)
and a 4096 bit RSA sub key for encrypting (the prompts on the page aren't from the latest gpg).  You
don't have to bring this.

- Bring your key fingerprint.  Best if you can print the fingerprint and uids on slips of paper you
can hand out.  (See gpg-key2ps at http://pgp-tools.alioth.debian.org/).

- Bring a photo ID.

If you can't make a key we can help you with that.  We can't help if you don't have a photo ID though.

You can read the keysigning party HOWTO at
http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html.  Chapter 4 would be best,
though don't email me anything since I'm not doing that much coordination.

See you in two weeks!
Dave