[CLUE-Cert] time and place

Dennis J Perkins dperkins2 at uswest.net
Wed Aug 30 20:20:19 MDT 2000

I have class on Tuesday and Thursday, altho I could probably afford going just
once a week.

I have 5 years of Linux experience.  I know some parts fairly well, but there
are a few areas that I have not delved into.

If someone wants to spend a lot of time at learning  how Linux is put together,
www.linuxfromscratch.org walks you through a complete installation from
scratch.  You do need a working Linux distribution and a spare partition to do
this, and you download and compile the tarballs needed to build your own
system.  You don't need to be a programmer.  I recently finished mine, and
altho it had its frustrations, it was also fun.

"Batalden, Eric" wrote:

> i see selection by committee as nice, but possibly slow and unfocused.  so
> to keep things moving along, i am offering the following feedback.
>
> any night is good except for Tue
> consider my-self a novice with Linux (~2yr experience)
> am serious about getting certified, but i don't think it will be easy.
>
> i think you are correct in catering to the more advance members in the
> group, and we should keep the material moving at a reasonable clip.
>
> my $0.02

> PS.  if there are a large group of newbies we might want to form a group for
> them, but lets wait till we have a time and a place to meet.

  Dennis