[CLUE-Cert] new member

Lynn Danielson Lynn.Danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Mon Nov 20 18:37:57 MST 2000

zillatron the digital warrior wrote:

> I just subscribed to this list. If anyone is starting the cert
> process - I would like to start working on it asap.

Hi Flint, welcome to the list.

Several of us have been meeting every other Wednesday (more or less)
in the Inverness Business Park (I-25 & County Line).  We've chosen to
pursue the Sair GNU Linux certification program.

Our last meeting was last Wednesday.  We reviewed chapter 2 of
the Sair Installation and Configuration book and discussed
Debian.  In past weeks we also covered Slackware.

Next Wednesdays meeting, November 30th, we're planning to cover
chapter 3 and have agreed to practice installing Storm Linux in
the meantime.  Please feel free to join us.

I've been meaning to post meeting times and directions on our
web page, but I haven't managed that yet.  If you don't see
anything there by next week.  Ask me for details and I'll be
happy to provide them to you.

"Chris Courtney" <chris_courtney at phoenixdsl.com> wrote:
> I am just starting myself, so maybe we could work together to
> achieve this common goal.  I have not attended a meeting yet,
> but plan to after the holidays.

Only a handful of people from the list are showing up to our
meetings.  I realize the time and location that we have chosen
is not ideal for everybody and the Sair program may not be
everyone's preference either.  If a number of you can form
another study group at a preferable time and location, I will
make an effort to support you with CLUEs resources.  That may
not be much, but contact me if your interested.

Happy holidays!

Lynn Danielson