[CLUE-Cert] time and place

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Fri Sep 1 09:25:00 MDT 2000

STARSTest at aol.com (JohnM) wrote:

> If there are enough people interested in certification I
> think the advantages of splitting the group outweigh
> potential disadvantages.  I also like the idea of Keeping
> It So Simple.  My only desire would be to have a planned
> outline geared to a target date for taking a specific test.

A planned outline will require agreement on a certification
program.  David and one other person have mentioned they'd
like to persue RHCE certification.  I'm interested in the LPI
or Sair programs because they are vendor neutral, much less
expensive and more convenient to schedule testing for.

Sair has sent us 10 certification packets containing several
different Linux distributions plus a disk containing a study
manual, a copy of the man pages and the LDP.  They have
promised send us more copies and to give us access to a web
page providing more support materials for certification.

Of people that I've spoken to in the Linux community who
have some involvement in certification, there is a distinct
bias for the LPI program.

> I work for the IT Consulting firm Ajilon whose office is
> downtown.  I have asked them to consider letting us use
> a conference room one night a week.  This is one good
> possibility for "free" meeting space in a centralized
> location.  The conference room would accomodate about 10
> people comfortably.

That's great.  The room isn't large enough for the twenty-
eight of us currently on the list, but if we split the
group up, use of Ajilon's meeting room could be great.
Exactly where downtown is it?  What can you tell us about
the parking situation -- availability, cost, impact of
Rockies games and other evening events?

Thanks, and please, keep us posted.

Lynn Danielson

--