[CLUE-Cert] Anyone using/used PostgreSQL?

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Mon Aug 13 18:06:41 MDT 2001

Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> If so, any gotchas and books/sites that you care to recommend
> would be very much appreciated.

There's only one book out on PostgreSQL than I'm aware of.
It's pale yellow with a blue elephant on its cover.  It
seems pretty good.  There's a free version of it on line
linked as documentation from the PostgreSQL website.  I'm
not sure if the book is more complete then the on-line
documentation or not.  I just can't stand to read much
on-line.

A friend helped me configure my work version.  There were
a couple of tweaks that he strongly recommend, but I can't
recall what they were anymore.  I'll try to find out before
our meeting next week.

You might want to post to the CLUE-Tech list.  Grant is
very experienced with PostgreSQL and can probably offer
you some good advice.  I know he'll strongly recommend
version 7.1 or higher.

Lynn