[CLUE-Cert] Sample question in SysAdmin Book

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at home.com
Mon Aug 27 20:39:50 MDT 2001

On page 458, for Chapter 2, Question #29, they ask this:

If a system boots off a SCSI adapter, do you need the loopback
device to generate the initial boot?

A. Yes
B. No

I thought this was a bogus question, so I put B, no, and it
turns out answer is A, Yes. So now my question is, what is
a loopback device in this context? Or do you think the answer
key is just wrong? I checked the errata page for v1.4 of this
book, and found nothing. Speaking of errata page, it looks
like there is a version 2.0 of SysAdmin book?

I wonder if this is out yet? I'm not
sure how to tell what version of the book I have...

Sean LeBlanc - seanleblanc at bigfoot.com