[CLUE-Cert] Re: Neat X-trick

Gary Gray garydeangray at ureach.com
Wed Jan 3 18:09:09 MST 2001

> Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:23:03 -0700

> Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> > I came across a neat little trick for X Windows.  To move a
window, hold down the Alt key and the left mouse button and move
the window.
  I know that it works with
> KDE.  Does anyone know how many other window managers support
> this?
>
> Lynn

> I just tried it with Icewm. It worked for me.
>
> Jef

Works with Blackbox (at least with the KDE Patch). IIRC, also
works with FVWM2 and WindowMaker. I had forgotten about this now
that I have a big monitor. When I was at 640x480 it was
absolutly essential - especially with KDE apps, a lot of which
open a minimum window size larger than 640x480!
Gary