[CLUE-Cert] SSH forwarding

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at home.com
Wed Oct 31 16:24:12 MST 2001

There is one other detail that is in the sshd_config
file. There is a line that reads:

X11Forwarding yes

for both boxes' sshd_config files. I think this
is the default, at least on RedHat, but if you are
trying to set this up, it's something to know.

Dave:
As for the writeup on this, I doubt I'd do the best
job. I think I got by with the howto's and I think
I may have posted some questions to Usenet
before I got it sorted out. It turned out not to
be that hard, IIRC. If you get stuck on something,
I may be able to help, if I can clear out the cobwebs...

Note that I do the simple case everyday, that
is, W2K->1st Linux box. I use X-Win32 on
the W2K box to display remote X apps in
separate windows for each X app. I just never
knew if it would "chain" or try to display on
the middle box.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
-Sean LeBlanc, seanleblanc at bigfoot.com
"Teams can do a lot to isolate themselves from admin chaos within their
organisation,
by allowing people that know the game to shield others. In the same way that a
good
manager shields the development team from external pressures and harrassment
so that
they can concentrate, a good administrator shields the team from lousy admin.
Remember that the packers in the organisation will not understand the effects
described
above, because they do not acknowledge the existence of the approach and state
of mind
with which we do programming. This is the open plan office problem!"
-The Programmer At Work:
http://www.reciprocality.org/Reciprocality/r0/Day3.html#dayin