[CLUE-Cert] SAIR Linux and GNU Cert.

steven s50yock at prodigy.net
Thu Sep 27 08:34:21 MDT 2001

To anyone out there who has taken the Installation Configuration portion of the Certification,

I will be taking the 1st test, Installation and Configuration, on Oct. 1 and need to have a question cleared
up before that date.

In the practice questions at the end of the book, in Chapter 2: Base Systems, question 22 is a puzzle to me.
Here is how it reads:
22. Which of the following statement(s) about the file system is false?

A. Swap partitions are not included in the /etc/fstab.
B. Swap partitions are not mounted.
C. The fstab file contains a special entry for the /proc file system.
D. The mount command may be used only by the superuser.

My dilemma is this. The book has (A) as the correct answer, but when I open the /etc/fstab file with the VIM editor I see an entry of all the file systems mounted including the swap partition.

What is the correct answer.

Thank you all who respond to my dilemma.
Steve Y