*****SPAM***** [CLUE-Cert] Next meeting

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sat Aug 24 15:53:47 MDT 2002

On 08-24 14:42, Ski Dawg wrote:
> SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results ----------------------
> SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
> SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
> SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
> SPAM:
> SPAM: Content analysis details:   (5.2 hits, 5 required)
> SPAM: SMTPD_IN_RCVD      (2.1 points)  Received via SMTPD32 server (SMTPD32-n.n)
> SPAM: DOUBLE_CAPSWORD    (1.1 points)  BODY: A word in all caps repeated on the line
> SPAM: RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM (2.0 points)  RBL: Received via a relay in relays.osirusoft.com
> SPAM:                    [RBL check: found 230.5.245.209.relays.osirusoft.com., type: 127.0.0.3]
> SPAM:
> SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results ---------------------

Doug: I just wanted to let you know that SpamAssassin flagged your email as
spam.  I just installed it this morning, and don't know much about it yet,
but the reasons for the scoring are given above. Just an FYI. BTW: That
thing is GOOD. It found 3 bits of spam already, and put them in the "junk"
folder.  One was a for cable descrambler, another for the free porn video
starring J Lo,  and another for a "Home Lending Division".

The only false positive I have so far is yours, and I'm subscribed to a lot
of mailing lists. Well, not so false, I guess. I'm still trying to find out
what SMTPD32 is, and why SpamAssassin is set by default to consider that
bad. I know why open relays are bad. :) I also know that 209.245.5.230 is
the one flagged as an open relay. If that's your machine, you may want to
fix that. If it's your ISP's, you may want to contact them. Your emails may
not be getting through to some folks because of it.

Here's a link to the lookup: http://www.ordb.org/lookup/rbls/?host=209.245.5.230

> I was looking on my calendar and noticed the next CLUE-CERT meeting is
> supposed to be on Labor Day. Is there still going to be a meeting that
> night?

I vote for pushing it up to either this Monday or the next. I'd hate to have
to wait a whole month for the next meeting, but that's just me.

Cheers,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.
-Fran Lebowitz